Planned for June 2021 in Budapest
Ladder Art Company is organising an International Performing Arts Workshop Forum as part of their long-term project to improve innovative ongoing education in the V4 region.
The Forum in Budapest will incorporate: workshops from the world’s leading experts in the Michael Chekhov Technique and the Viewpoints approach; discussions and conference related to the topic; and theatre performances created by the Viewpoints method.
The event will also serve as a platform to gather academic and practical experts in the region. This will provide them a unique training opportunity, a possibility to find cooperative partners for future works and to exchange knowledge about different actor training and theatre approaches.
Detailed program of the Forum coming soon!
The project is supported by Visegrad Fund (www.visegradfund.org).
Partners of this project
- Bytom Dance and Movement Theatre ROZBARK: http://www.teatrrozbark.pl
- Cultural center Cooltour: www.cooltourova.cz
- Thália Theatre Company: www.thaliaszinhaz.sk
- HYBADU Artistic Initiatives Environment: https://www.facebook.com/hybadu/
- Asfd divadlo ašttnnkorazd fildj: https://www.facebook.com/asfddivadlo/
Aims of the long-term project
To successfully achieve a long-term effect we plan to establish a common ongoing education program, starting with the following activties:
- Creating a professional network in the field of ongoing education of acting and performing arts in the V4.
- Bringing experts of innovative techniques and approaches to the V4 countries, in order to introduce the well-known training methods to theatre practitioners in the region.
- Implementing the first International Theatre Workshop Forum, where teachers and practitioners in the field can exchange their knowledge on different actor training and theatre approaches.
- Creating a platform to discuss the concept of Democracy in performing arts and its potential for reaching out to audiences.
By the end of the project we aim to have a common understanding of how these approaches could be structured into a complex education program, that could be offered to the performing arts universities and academies of the V4 region.
The project is co- financed by the Governments of Czechia, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia through Visegrad Grants from International Visegrad Fund. The mission of the fund is to advance ideas for sustainable regional cooperation in Central Europe.